Thursday, April 3, 2008

Oh France

After long hours of waiting I finally arrived in Paris yesterday at around three, Paris time. (Which reminds me, I must correct my first blog post that says Greece is GMT +2. Since the time change it is GMT + 3.) It felt like the longest damn plane ride of my life (although, obviously, it was not) and I was very happy to see grandpa and Ellen waiting at the end of the long moving sidewalk (is that what they're called?) for me in Orly. I sort of felt like I was coming home, which is odd since I don't think I've ever lived in Paris, but I suppose it has become somewhat of my home base recently. 

So I spent yesterday drinking red wine, (when I first typed it I wrote it in Greek without even thinking. I think red wine is the word I use third often after 'thank you' and 'yes') napping and eating delicious food. The food here is exactly what I would choose to eat if I could cook. I men exactly. Delicate salads. Ratatouille. Sesame seed crusted salmon. And now I'm drinking hot water with lemon because that's what Ellen drinks in the morning and I wanted to try it. I like it, actually. Better than lemon tea.

So basically I really don't have much to report, but I'm thrilled to be here (and, as some of you will understand, I am happy to be somewhere where I don't have to turn on my hot water or throw TP in a trash can) and the only thing that weighs on my mind is that I miss Alex an awful lot... and once you get used to cuddling every night it is difficult to break the habit. Will update later. For now... coffee. 

No comments: