Sunday, April 6, 2008

Blog 'Till You Drop

I should stop with the titles since I generally have a difficult time staying on topic and they may not be representative of the actual entry. 

Maybe this entire blog should just be called "nonsequitors" rather than just the title of the pictures I posted yesterday. Or maybe every entry should have that title. (By the way, those black and white photos were photographs here at the Paris apartment that I took pictures of and then uploaded. So they were relevant in terms of the fact that I just got them on my computer.)

So anyway... I am obviously an amateur blogger... and one blogging about nothing rather than something (a key issue in the world of blogs, I'd assume) but I found this article interesting... primarily because I had no idea people BLOGGED for a living. What fun! (Except maybe not. You'll understand if you read the article.) The whole concept of writing for a living generally seems to be wonderful and terribly stressful all at once. But perhaps jobs in generally are stressful. I wouldn't really know since I haven't had a real 9-5 American job. I hope I never know.

Am I getting off topic? (Oh wait, anything I think or do can be considered on topic as long as I'm sufficiently far away, right?) 

So I've decided to learn some French while I'm here. Ellen and I are exchanging French lessons for computer lessons. I don't think it will take too long for me to remember the French I have buried behind Greek and Russian and Spanish (which is also buried...). And, let's face it, French is a whole world easier than Greek. It is even easier for me to hear French. As if they speak in actual words instead of a serious of hard-accented sounds. I will forever be fascinated by language... and I will probably live my life knowing lots of pieces of lots of languages but never being able to make it much past a friendly conversation in any of them. Oh well. 

This is a picture Alex took of me last night. (How weird has technology gotten?) We were Skyping and I was being restless and swinging my Mac over my head while we spoke and apparently his Skype can take "video snapshots". Basically, it gives anyone you Skype the ability to take really awful pictures of you without you even knowing. 

Also, in the name of nonsequitors and stream of consciousness writing... did you hear Charlton Heston died?




No comments: