Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My First Real Blog Post Thingie

So. It is 2:35 AM GMT + 2. (What is NH? GMT -something? I just realized I have no idea.) I can't sleep so I thought I'd blog. How modern of me, right? I'm sitting on a chair wrapped in a fleece blanket listening to Alex snore softly across the room. He's sick. We're both sick. I have never in my life been sick so often as I am in Greece. Anyway, more setting: There is a tavli board to my left. I've become sort of obsessed with tavli (backgammon in English). It is a nice little break from life for a few minutes. I suggest you all purchase tavli boards and learn to play. To my right is a fan. I'll admit we haven't used it yet, but just the fact that we have a fan out in March (okay, April 1st now) makes me pretty happy. Not that I don't miss the snow... but I've been damn happy with March in Greece. 

Anyway, on Wednesday I leave for France for a few weeks to visit my grandparents. I am very excited. I haven't yet purchased my return ticket but I think I'm going to stay about a month. Play around in Paris and then we're going to go down to Corsica. I hope it will give me some time to get my head together and do some writing. I've had this image in my head for ages of sitting on a bench at the Louvre (or on the floor like an art student) and writing poetry about art. Not like the Mona Lisa, but half-obscure art that no one really pays attention to. And then, I will go drink coffee at a cafe and there will be no instant coffee on the menu and I will be happy. (And also, and this is for you Joanna, I will go running and NO ONE WILL STARE AT ME LIKE I HAVE SIX HEADS.) 

So that's pretty much my plan for April. I'm really looking forward to spending some time in France that isn't rushed and hectic. Although I do have an absolute ton of work I need to get done plus I want to start studying for the LSATS... but hey, a month is a long time... right? 

Cheers, loves. Will write more tomorrow! This is fun!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Hey there - I think you may be my first friend to actually have her own blog! And while it'll be nice to always know what you're doing/thinking, the only way to really get this thing off the ground is to break a big news story and create some publicity.

Did you hear that Hillary Clinton and Monica Lewinski once had a 3-some with Eliot Spitzer? No one else has either! Break it on this blog, and you'll be rich off banner advertisements in no time.