Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sometimes I talk to myself

Sorry for not writing for a few days... I'm not sure who I'm addressing that apology to... but perhaps I have some loyal blog readers out there who were terribly disappointed in me. When I was younger (9,10) I used to write apologies in my diary (journal for you Brits) when I didn't write for a while. My entries would go something like this. June 1st: I went to Sarah's house today. It was so much fun, we played Barbies and then her mom took us to the beach. September 1st: I am SOOOO SORRY I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IN SO LONG! I've been sooo busy and it was summer and I hid my diary under my bed and forgot about it.... But... 

You get the point. 

Alex's mom just came in here with a beach towel and told me she was going to the banyo (bathroom). I was like... "ok..." (why is she telling me this?) And thennn I remembered that bathroom and beach are the same word sometimes. Ahh Greek. Sometimes I can't wait to go back to America where everyone speaks English and the word for bathroom and beach are completely different. 

Now to the blog title: Not a very interesting story, actually, but I was writing (and apparently concentrating really hard) and I hear a little knock at the door and Alex's mom was like... "who is here?" and I was like "what?" and she laughed and said "you were talking..." and I was like "I was?" And she laughed and now thinks I'm crazy. Is talking to yourself when you write normal? When I'm really concentrating on writing... (not like this blog where I just write whatever comes to my head) sometimes I need to actually say words before they make sense. I donno.

Oh ALSO, last night Alex and I had a conversation I can't BELIEVE we hadn't had until now. We were lying in bed trying to force ourselves asleep so we could be up at six (have I mentioned what a wonderful girlfriend I am because I wake up with Alex to make him breakfast and coffee before work?) and for some reason we started talking about animal sounds. I think he mispronounced a word and I said he sounds like a chicken "bawk bawk" and he said "BAWK?" and then we went through every animal we could think of and the ONLY sound that is the same in Russian and English is moo. Everything else is wildly different. Maybe I'll attach a video clip of Alex saying animal sounds in Russian later... but I doubt he'd agree to that. 

Anyway I am absolutely bogged down with work, which is why I haven't been writing much, so I'm going to end this here.

Cheers

No comments: