Sunday, June 8, 2008

Apparently, Ime ena pop star!

So last yesterday was kind of weird. Spent the day being lazy... except I did shop and cook a delicious artichoke/asparagus pasta and watching movies/losing at tavli with Alex. After lunch Alex's mom proposed to me that I start cooking all the time (currently I cook somewhere between once and three days a week). It was a huge compliment (Russian mother handing over COOKING rights??) but truth be told I don't want to cook ALL the time. I like it to be special... I like my cooking to be appreciated, otherwise I don't like cooking. And I know being the primary cook means your cooking is not really appreciated. We'll see what happens. 

So after lazing around Alex and I went out to watch "the game" (Euro Cup Portugal V. Turkey). Portugal won and may I just say they have some damn hot players (Ronaldo included of course). Also, so far my picks have been right. CR and Portugal. So we watched the game with Niko and then Jessica and then somehow the night turned a little crazy... we ended up at the bar drinking tequila with orange slices and no salt and, of course, Heinekens. Eventually the crowd was just Alex, Jessica, Lazerith (the bar owner), Kiki (the bartender), Costa and this other guy named Alex. Kiki started DJing with the same 5 songs over and over again and we were dancing (in Greece??) and stuff. At one point Costas leans over to me and says, in broken English, "Do you know Kalomiora?" "Yes..." "You look JUST like her." I'm starting to get used to being told this. My role in Corinth is "the American girl who looks like Kalomiora". Well, better than nothing... 

Also, Alex and I are joining a soccer team! I am SO excited even though it is ALL Greek guys, Alex and me (making me a teeny bit the oddball) but really at this point whatever, I just want to playyyyy. So what if I'll be underestimated by chauvinistic Greek guys. Intramural soccer has taught me one thing: I can beat up guys on the soccer field, especially when they underestimate me. Hmph. 

Ok... let Sunday morning (afternoon) begin...

No comments: