Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday

I love Sundays lately. It is the only day Alex and I get to sleep in and cuddle, which I adore and day just feels relaxing. I guess there is something to be said for living in a religious (take that word as you may) country. Sundays are somehow still sacred. The stores are closed. People are at home. The biggest stress on a Sunday is cleaning the house or getting coffee. And things, usually, are nice and quiet around town. Of course today at what I'd guess was 8 am, three guys decided to jackhammer the sidewalk below our balcony. That, I was not so happy about. 

We finally rolled out of bed this morning at around noon. Then I made coffee and pancakes. I made Alex's mom (we realized at breakfast that I never call her anything because I haven't found an appropriate name yet... isn't that strange. They tried to teach me the word for "mother-in-law" in Russian but it had too many difficult sounds. My Russian sucks.) one in the shape of a lamtha which is also what a Russian L looks like. (For "Luda", her name) And I made Alex one in the shape of an alpha. My mom had sent us some NH maple syrup, so the pancakes were basically perfect. 

Now it is 3 pm. Jason was supposed to come earlier but due to train delays he won't be here until late tonight. I'm a little disappointed because I'd like Alex and Jason to hang out some, but what can you do? Eastern Europe (And I'm including Greece in that) isn't so good with train scheduling. 

I think I'm going to go watching some Sunday TV in English and paint my nails. I love having time to relax!

Love, Elena 

No comments: