Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Athens... to have fun??

I have ten minutes before I have to leave to catch my train (I'm guessing... good old Prostiako seems to be changing their schedule every other day so who really knows the schedule) so I thought I'd throw in a quick blog entry in the interest of being a good little blogger. I'm heading to Athens to go to a concert with Laura which I'm uber-excited about because, well, it will be fun. I'm also stopping by the office to pick up some more freelance (it never ends) and get paaaiiddd. Perhaps I'll count my money this time. (Last paycheck I didn't and there were 100 euros missing...  but apparently my boss trusts me and is making up for it in this one.) This night out symbolically marks the beginning of the end of Greece for me. When we planned it about a month ago I thought "wow, at that point, I'll really be wrapping things up." And so I am. A few more big events and wham... home. As the date gets closer I'm simultaneously becoming more afraid and more excited. There are so many plusses and minuses no matter where I am. 

Greece: Alexander, the weather, the sea, working freelance, being in Europe, the experiences I can never get in America, my friends, being near France... 

America: The ease, the pay, my family, my friends, my home, my car, my horse, English, a familiar culture... 

You get it. Lots to love everywhere. Somehow it took me 8 minutes to write that and I have to go get my stuff together. 

xo

No comments: