Saturday, July 12, 2008

it seems like whenever i'm overwhelmed by work i don't want to do (currently: writing my 9th city & guilds practice test), i blog

It is official. I am the campaign manager for Representative Mike Kaelin's State Senate Campaign. I'm thrilled for like a hundred reasons: A) I have a JOB. (I can delay entry-level position hell for another few months)  B) I'll be able to pull myself out of poverty, perhaps even enough to pay for Alex's visa. C) I'm getting back into politics, and even managed to get work with an amazing guy who I believe in. D) I'm going to be busy busy busy so I won't realize that I'm living at home, missing Alexander and going through uber-reverse-culture-shock. etc. etc. etc.

As for life on this side of the world; things are busy. We have deadlines at work that of course we're not able to make (is this the nature of publishing or the nature of Greece?) so instead of gradually ending work on the 20th, I'm going to be working through the end of the month basically non-stop. I could use the euros though, so I'm not complaining, but this in addition to web work and coming up with a campaign plan (oh and two visitors and leaving Greece) is going to be pretty stressful. 

On that note... back to work. 

No comments: