Saturday, May 24, 2008

Unproductive ligo me

I just read Natalie's blog (http://www.itsallrealtive.blogspot.com/) and found it amusing/interesting at her use of Greeklish. It is something about this language. Certain words and phrases stick into your mind. I no longer think the phrase "I don't know" I think "Then ksero".  Maybe the way Greek works is you slowly start incorporating Greek words and phrases into your lexicon and suddenly your English is gone! All I know is everyone in American is going to be incredibly annoyed at me for like a year after I get back. Either that or they're going to accidentally learn some Greek. 

The reason I am blogging right now is because I am, for some reason, really incredibly unable to be productive today. Everything I do takes like twenty times longer than it should and I spent like three hours writing different beginnings for Personal Statements for law school (fuckkkk). And then I did some more law school research since I still haven't made any decisions about schools. (I have a list about 45 long at this point.) I can't figure out where to aim. I read stuff online and it totally intimidates me... it seems like some people spend their LIVES trying to get into law school... and the numbers don't look good. Things like, we admit 250 students out of 4,000 applications. And then I think: OK so I will never get into any law school. I guess I just don't understand the whole deal. I mean, OK, my GPA is good and my resume is decent... so if I do well on my LSATS (we'll see...) then I should be OK, theoretically... but how many BILLIONS of people out there have BETTER grades and BETTER resumes? Someone help me out here... 

Okay the boy woke up finally. Time to drink some biera. 

yasou

No comments: