Monday, May 12, 2008

SPITI

So I'm home (although I barely know what that means anymore) and although I was sad to leave France, I had a pretty amazing homecoming. As I was sitting on the plane (next to one of those adorable couples you can't help be jealous of regardless your marital status) and thinking: "Okay... so I haven't seen Alex in a month and a half. The feeling I get when I DO see him is going to be infinitely telling." When I arrive in cloudy Athens I see Alex walking towards me. The first thing I think is "Wow he's cute." And then we get close and it was... perfect. That's the only way I can describe it. I just never wanted to leave his arms. I finally got the airport moment I've been waiting for all my life. (I really have...) So then we went out to the car (I thought he was picking me up by train but he convinced his friend to drive) and Alex's friend spent 20 minutes telling me how much Alex missed me. In the car we couldn't stop holding hands even though I was in the back seat. When we got home Alex gave me a welcome-home rose. (It took quite a while to get home because we needed gas and there is a truck-drivers strike right now so none of the gas stations have any gas left.) And then Alex's mom made me Borsh (spelling?) which was delicious. And then well... it was a good night. I'm happy to be back and looking forward to the summer and figuring out my life a little bit. 

No comments: