Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ελενι Μερα

Today is my name day in Greece.  So far only Alex's mom has wished me xronia pola. But that's okay, I didn't even know it was today until she said something. I still don't quite get the whole name day thing... it seems to me it is bigger than birthdays around here... but so much less personal. I have to share my day with Constantine. I remember when it was Alex's name day (and I was still new to this whole Greek thing) he texted me: "I drink beers! It is the day of my name. Alexander-day!" 

So, in honor of the day of my name (which for these purposes is Eleni), we're going to watch football (okay, so we'd be watching it anyway...) with some people who speak ENGLISH (yay!) 

Also, I spilled nail polish all over my keyboard today and somehow managed to fix it. I'm an idiot and a genius all at once. 

ya

No comments: