Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Friend!

First of all, I am lazy. This is what a lack of schedule does to you. Or maybe this is what 6 days with zero sleep does to you. I have no idea what I did today but besides figuring out our money situation (yay for the dollar going up!) and cleaning the apartment and taking down the Christmas tree... actually, I take that back, maybe we did do something today... but I didn't leave the house. Not even once. And it isn't even freezing out... about 10 F... which is a whole lot of warm compared to the -25 C the other day... ie: -13 F. So much for Ukraine having weather similar to NH. Someone remind me why I'm not in Greece...

Anyway, last night we had Oleg and Nastya and their daughter Angelina over for dinner. I made olive-y red sauce and spaghetti and Alex made horiatiki. Alex and I were both sick which put a damper on things but I really like Nastya and she speaks English and I was sort of kind of thrilled to be able to talk to her. She wants to get together sometime without the boys which makes me happy. Did I make a friend here???

Anyway, I'm going to go drag Alex away from his iPod (I bought him IPod Touch Soccer for New Year's... bad idea) so we can watch a movie and cuddle.

Oh, and tomorrow we're going to Chernoble. Or close.

1 comment:

jessie B said...

OK dear friend I will remind you of why you are not in Greece....
1)January 11 and not a flake of snow to be seen
2) Those who rely on electric heat might be surprised when it sould get cut off
3)Greece is best in the summer or fall and of course with a passionate partner!!!


The further one goes one tends to forget...........

Filakia Jessica